Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Well this is it, my friends--two days and we're off!!!  I can't believe it's here already and I'm so excited to get there and get hugging kids!!!!!

Yesterday I was doing some Bible reading and I came across a verse that I am going to tuck in my <3 as a theme verse for our trip:

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived what God has
prepared for those who love Him”
2 Corinthians 2:9

This verse really hit me because of who I know God to be.  So, we have done all this planning and preparation; we have been fundraising, shopping, praying our tails off. And we will leave Friday with joyful expectation for all God has in store for us when we get there. We know we're going to get to love some kids and witness to their caretakers. We know that God is going to use us TO DO great things and going to do great things IN us.  But checkout that verse: "...no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."  Yikes!!!   This makes me even more excited! Now, being right brained, I think I have a creative side, so I have imagined a lot of possibilities. But that verse says He has things prepared that I can't even come up with!!!  I LOVE THAT! And that's what I love about Him.  He is faithful to all His promises and His love for us is what drives that.  His love for those kids is what drives us. And I for one am so honored and humbled that He would choose me to be a vessel for that love.  Broken as we are, He still choose us to manifest His crazy love to the people around us. What kind of love is this?! Amazing....

Hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen... this is going to be SOME ride!! I stinking can't wait to see what He's going to do!!!

Peace in Jesus~ Ellie

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment