Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The intake facility/#15

How could I have forgotten to talk about the intake facility?! Before the first day of camps, we got to go to the hospital that is also the very first place the kids go when they are taken from their homes or given up. Some of you may remember that last year we couldn't go in and see these kids due to chicken pox. This time was definitely different! We got to spend several hours with them and it was wonderful. I GOT TO HOLD BABIES!!!! These kids were so cute and so precious. The cute boy I got to spend some time with was named Tioma. When they brought him out he looked so scared. He held very still in my arms and then slowly laid his head on my chest.... Shall I say again, oh my heart!! By the end of our time there he was more relaxed and smiley, and for sure, I did not want to give him back. Luckily he was still smiling when I put him back in his crib and had to walk away. :)

The other kids we saw that day were of all different mentalities. Some playful and some definitely still stunned...even crying and asking for their moms. That was hard on the heart, but we just picked them up and held them while they cried. Sometimes that's all we can do while we say some prayers.


One thing we've realized is that even when we are longing to do more or hurting because we feel like we are more people leaving them, we know that God is a loving, gracious, and intentional God. He has a plan; and our short time with them is a purposeful time. I have to remember that though my heart is aching at good bye, His is smiling at the mainfestation of His love through us. That is a fantastic thought...

1 comment: